Fairphone is a social enterprise driving change in the electronics industry from the inside out. Its business model is based on social values and securing continuity and centers around producing and marketing smartphones in a way that puts social and environmental values first.We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Manager in Suzhou to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below.
About your Role
As our new QA Manager, you will drive quality leadership by focusing on the development of processes and procedures with our ODM. The goal of your role is to effectively monitor the quality of our product and its production. This will include prototype manufacturing, pilot manufacturing, mass production, and order inception for shipments from China. You will be a remote team member of our Amsterdam Operations team and will report directly to our Operations Program Manager in Suzhou.
You are an exceptional Quality manager with a strong technical background in consumer electronics manufacturing.
- You have entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working with an international and fast-paced company.
- You are hands-on, take initiative and see opportunities where others see issues, and apply them via constructive, creative thinking.
- You are flexible and love the work environment of a start-up/scale-up company.
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functional with people from different levels of seniority, cultures and backgrounds.
- You feel a strong and intrinsic connection with Fairphone’s mission.
Determine, negotiate and agree on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications with our ODM, including process control limits, test limits within manufacturing, and FQA acceptance limits.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses to identify critical control points, limits, and preventive measures.
- Set up monitoring and verification procedures.
- Develop a streamlined approach to analyze, react to and report quality control data obtained from our ODM’s quality control to the Operations Director and CTO in Amsterdam.
- Collect and analyze data from our ODM and follow up on any item which need to be addressed to ensure no delays or quality issues in the production cycle.
- Maintain a weekly quality tracking report in relation with our shipping schedule to meet expectations.
- Effectively identify potential issues before they arise.
- Serve as the central collection point for all supplier related issues in the prototype manufacturing stage and in mass production.
- Collaborate with the supplier’s development team and Fairphone’s engineering team to resolve potential issues.
- Visit our suppliers’ offices/factories throughout China (as required) to conduct face to face meetings regarding ongoing quality issues and projects.
Your Skills & Experiences
You have at least 5 years of experience in the quality assurance field in the mobile electronics industry.
- You have university degree in quality assurance or management.
- You are fluent in in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- You have working experience with international companies.
- You have the proven ability to execute projects under time pressure.
- You are detailed and process-oriented and have the ability to prioritize tasks for effective execution.
- You have a thorough understanding of component lead times and are able to evaluate associated supply chain risks for processes improvements.
- You are familiar with Quality Management Standards and product compliance requirements (ISO-9001, ISO-14001, CE, RED, GCF etc.)
- Preferably, you have a PMP, Six Sigma, or other Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, and/or Quality Improvement Associate certification.