We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our company vision is to become the first ever global card acceptance brand. Today tens of thousands of merchants accept card payments with SumUp in 15 countries including Germany, the UK and Brazil.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We built our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We solve problems with technology instead of manual processes. Our focus is small business, we know how vital payment is to them, so we listen to feedback and continuously improve. We believe in open and transparent communication. We want you to get the bigger picture of how SumUp and the payments industry works, because we think this is crucial for you to be successful in your job.
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated Quality Assurance Engineers with passion to quality. You will work in a dynamic and professional environment and will have the chance to contribute to various applications that make our product unique.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work in IT department of professionals situated in 3 different locations across the globe.
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression and exploratory testing on the SumUp platform. Take care of manual, automation tests and investigate production issues.
- Ensure quality of client-server based system on Web and mobile devices.
- Be part of feature focused agile teams where full cycle of development process is accomplished: from planning and development to release and verification on Production environment.
- Read remote system logs.
- Create test plans, test documentation and manuals.
- Work in a dynamic development life cycle – releases every week.
- Commit pro-active approach within the team. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Software Department to deliver best value.
- At least 5 years experience in manual and automation testing.
- Strong understanding of network communications between software components in a distributed environment.
- Experience with automation frameworks and coding skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python.
- Experience with RESTful services and testing tools (i.e., SoapUI, curl)
- Android/iOS application experience.
- Experience with SQL.
- Basic knowledge in Linux most common console commands for file system navigation and display.
- Understanding of XML/HTML/JSON formats and HTTP protocol.
- Experience with test management tools (Testrail, JIRA).
- Knowledge of financial systems and card payments would be an advantage.
Soft skills required:
- Analytical and user experience thinking. Attention to detail is the base of the job.
- Proven ability of trouble shooting and investigation techniques.
- Pragmatic with a strong focus on delivery of business value.
- Open-minded and willing to learn new technologies.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Planning and organization: strong time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize own tasks.
- Target Driven (including resilience and stress management) remain focused on goals even when under pressure and maintain effective work despite challenges.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn.
Feel free to contact us for more info on our careers!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!