Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy in the electric vehicle industry. We create smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Wallbox offers a complete portfolio of charging and energy management solutions for residential and semi-public use in more than 60 countries and soon will begin commercializing public charging solutions as well.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 600 Wallboxers from over 35 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Ready to change the world with us?
Do you have a desire to break things? How about helping us build a team to Break All The Things?
Happy path testing is for amateurs: a real QA leader develops a sixth sense regarding how our customers will abuse our solutions, and finds problems before they do. Interested?
We’re a young company that has pockets of quality efforts across the business—a mix of manual and automated approaches. We’re looking for someone to focus on and increase our software quality. This includes team building, strategy, planning, and improving existing tools and processes.
You will initially focus on increasing the quality and stability of our backend services (AWS, PHP, Node.js, redis, RDS/MySQL) and client software (browser, iOS, Android). If you want the whole package, you’ll expand your responsibilities and team to QA of our chargers’ embedded software (Linux, C) as well.
You’ll understand the benefits and costs of an MVP approach. You’ll exercise keen judgment when assessing risk versus benefit of putting new solutions into customers’ hands as quickly as possible.
We’re very open to making changes, driving strategies around:
- When to add QA value into our development process.
- Manual vs. automated testing.
- Software development vs. QA vs. final solution validation efforts.
- Automation and related tool selection and evolution.
- CI/CD enhancements to measure and increase quality.
- Virtualization and shift-to-cloud of device to reduce physical device and lab dependencies.
- Blue/green (phased) deployments into production thinking about how our customers and device fleet support quality assessment and improvement.
Your leadership of software QA will include building both a team of QA engineers as well as software QA thought leadership across all of the technology team.
QA may support our Service Engineering on helping to triage software related field issues.
We believe that trunk-based development, comprehensive unit testing, and CI/CD into cloud infrastructure is the future of “baked in” software quality. However, we’re at the early stages of that journey and you’ll be part of the team that helps us get there.
Help us create an environment to move fast and make mistakes within acceptable risks. We believe that software QA specialization is an important requirement and skill set to create high-quality solutions.
- Fluent English
- Wide-ranging software QA knowledge, including pros and cons of all types of testing: manual, unit, pair, BDD, API, browser, native client, load, stress, performance, solution level including customers in the field.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience (applications and/or QA automation).
- 3+ years of QA team management and technical leadership.
- 3+ years experience with AWS, Linux.
- 2+ years leading/building testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline.
- A desire to spend at least 30% of your time developing testing-related technology.
- Use telemetry streams (e.g. New Relic, ELK, DataDog or similar) to help engineers chase down root cause.
- Experience working with test case management software or service.
- Experience working in B2C.
- Agile thinker: you embrace change and adapt.
- Data driven: you’re capable of scripted or other analysis of large data sets (e.g. from telemetry).
- Good communications skills: you’re willing and able to document testing requirements, test cases, and bugs.
Nice to have:
- Fluent Spanish
- Startup to small/medium business experience.
- QA of embedded systems (stand-alone device) software.
- QA of a fleet of devices connected to backend systems.
- Experience as a QA architect defining test solutions across a large complex system.
- Experience working with Atlassian tools.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after one month.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Possibility to partially work remotely in Barcelona.
- Friday afternoons off.
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request).
- Unlimited coffee & beverages.
- Language classes (English & Spanish).
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened.
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events.
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price.
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca.
- Over 35 different nationalities.
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween.
Please upload your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain