Would you like to work in downtown Madrid at a global company with Tier 1 customers like HBO or Sky? Do you love video streaming technologies?
NexPlayer is looking for a talented QA Engineering Manager to join its growing team in its Madrid office.
As part of an international team, you will work on the most advanced and trendy streaming technologies and have the chance to work with leading OTT software companies.
If you are interested in quality code, passionate about the latest streaming technologies and you like working with global companies, this is your position!
- Lead and motivate a team of QA testers with various levels of experience
- Build a quality driven culture that helps deliver products rapidly and with confidence
- Implement new technology and tools and evolve QA processes
- Work closely with engineering teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions and liaise with other key stakeholders to identify system requirements
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using tools that adapt to the needs of the company
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Telecommunications, Computer or Software Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position managing a QA team
- 10+ years of test/quality engineering experience
- Knowledge in video player development and streaming industry specifications such as DRM, streaming protocols, etc.
- Experience working with continuous integration and test automation
- Excellent problem solving skills and team working skills
- Experience with scripting using Python and worked extensively in test automation
- Expertise in Test plan designing and developing test cases.
- Would be added advantage of having exposure in Testing Mobile Apps (Android,iOS)
- Should have worked on Operating Systems such as Linux /Unix/iOS.
- Ability to communicate in both Spanish and English
Prefer to have:
- Experience with video technologies, such as Set-top box software stacks, media services and content protection
- Knowledge of streaming protocols (DASH/HLS) and a various container format
- Knowledge of multimedia technologies – (video/audio) codecs, Widevine & DRM
- Knowledge of Android MediaCodec Framework and Audio architecture
- Excellent English level
NexPlayer is the market leader in player SDK for video apps on Android, iOS, Smart TVs, STBs, and web browsers. NexPlayer is integrated into the OTT platforms of companies like HBO, Sky, Turner, BT, or AT&T. NexPlayer’s code is 100% developed and controlled in-house, differentiating it from alternative solutions based on risky open-source. NexPlayer benefits include an international and dynamic environment, flexible working hours, flexible retribution, casual dress code, and centric office location.