We're Splash, a super cool event marketing tech startup from New York City with a cozy engineering office in Madrid, at Plaza del Sol. We’re on a very exciting adventure:
✨ Making it unbelievably easy to host meaningful events ✨
We're looking for a QA Engineer to join us in Madrid to work mostly side by side with the Splash Form Team. At this Agile Scrum team, engineers develop sophisticated systems to enable our users to design all kinds of forms, from ticket purchasing to event creation. If you're supremely talented, self-motivated, excited to learn and eager to be part of something new and spectacular, we'd love to hear from you!
Learn more about the product here: https://splashthat.com/product
Learn more about our scale here: https://splashthat.com/about
In the tech sector, our clients include Facebook, Twitter, Airbnb, AWS, Epic Games and MongoDB. You can read more of how we help clients here: https://splashthat.com/case-studies
- Design and write new test cases into our existing automation framework.
- Identify areas where coverage is sparse and/or non-existent and develop plans to increase coverage.
- Update and maintain smoke tests to ensure optimal pre- and post-production behavior.
- Manually test features when automation is not the right strategy.
- Continuously refine our quality assurance processes to support rigorous testing across Splash's software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with product management to define test and acceptance criteria for new features and functionality.
- Collaborate with software engineers to ensure that the features they build are easily testable.
- Work with software engineers to find the root cause of failing tests and resolve any issues found.
- Track quality assurance metrics such as bug density, open defects and test coverage, collaborating with the team to find solutions on problem areas.
- Evolve our continuous integration pipeline and grow/enhance our continuous deployment processes.
- Continuous optimization of the speed/stability of test suites and orchestrating effective failure mechanisms to ensure the right members of our team are alerted of regressions.
- Stay curious by learning about new trends and technologies in the Quality Assurance space.
- You have 3 or more years of experience with quality assurance engineering, with a focus on Selenium WebDriver, preferably in Python. Other languages will be considered, but expect to learn Python.
- You have a thorough understanding of the Page Object Model (POM) and can implement it with ease.
- You have scoped and implemented a new testing service when needed.
- You have experience testing RESTful APIs using tools like Tavern or Postman.
- You have a deep understanding of issues that arise with automated tests and have developed solutions to those issues.
- You have a keen interest in staying at the forefront of technology, especially in the discipline of quality assurance and automation. You’re deeply invested in learning about new ways to resolve ever-evolving challenges.
Your manager's job
You can expect your manager you take their job very seriously, enabling you to succeed through:
- Setting clear expectations to allow you to grow in the organization.
- Coaching you to define and achieve professional goals.
- Enabling you to have the tools you need to succeed.
- Training you on the Splash product and its systems.
- Helping you deliver a lot of value while having a healthy work-life balance.
Our automated UI tests are written in Python using the Selenium WebDriver API and Pytest. Our Integration tests are also written in Python and leverage a combination of the Requests library for setup and WebDriver API for validation. Both sets of tests run in Docker containers and orchestrated using Kubernetes. Finally, unit tests are written in PHPUnit for the backend and Jest for the frontend. These tests are orchestrated using the CI tool Codeship.
- Competitive salary.
- You’ll have the option to work from home when you need to.
- We'll go to the other side of the ocean to New York, so that you can meet the team and learn about startups in the USA.
- We'll support your participation in meetups and conferences.
Next Steps 👣
If you want to know more or you'd like to join this great project and meet our brilliant, ambitious and hilarious team, apply here 😁
Your time at Splash will be the most important work you ever do. It will change the course of your career in an exciting an unreplicable way.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We're committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
Splash's Core Values
- “Co-Create.” We celebrate our ability to bring together diverse people and great minds around a shared purpose.
- “Show Up.” We greet each moment with energy, courage, and a fresh perspective.
- “Stay Curious.” Always be asking; we grow through our compassion and curiosity.
- “Love the Details.” We know small things make a big difference.
- “Be Real.” We take pride in being our true, authentic selves.
- “Find the Fun.” Holy sh*t we’re alive!