We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to join our QA team in Madrid. By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will be joining a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
The ideal candidate will have a strong QA experience and a background in automated and manual API testing. Should also know how to work with front-end web applications and databases.
You will join one of our Scrum teams in Madrid to lead the testing activities of the products this team works on and work closely with the Product Owner and the Development Team, making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
What you do?
- You map business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, test scripts and quality control processes, and consistently execute them, reporting and analyzing results in a timely manner.
- You conduct post-release testing.
- You drive quality mindset of the Development Team.
- You monitor all stages of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve bugs and glitches in order to meet quality standards.
- You understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
How you do it?
- Scrum framework with sprints of 2 weeks
- You work with the Product Owner to define and verify the Acceptance Criteria of our Backlog items.
- You plan, define and execute test cases for each release.
- You write and maintain test suites in Postman and Selenium.
- You collaborate in the creation and maintenance of our automated test infrastructure.
- You stay up to date with new QA testing tools and strategies.
How is it like to be a qa in a Frontiers dev team?
- You work inside the team, not at the end of the line.
- Your work is well recognized, and your voice will be heard.
- Comradeship, trustworthiness, freedom of speech.
What we are we looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Experience working closely with business teams to understand business requirements and anticipate issues.
- Knowledge of Quality & Test processes, tools and techniques.
- Experience with API testing (Postman).
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience developing automated tests using Selenium Webdriver.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language
Nice to have
- Experience with coding using C# or any other programming language.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter).
- Experience testing large data processes and analyzing data quality.
- Familiarity with the Scrum framework.
- 25 days' vacation + 4 well being days per year
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment;
- Great office, less than 5 minute walk from Nuevos Ministerios station.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- English & yoga classes.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.