ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Virtue Poker at ConsenSys:
Virtue Poker is a ConsenSys spoke that is building a decentralized poker peer to peer poker platform built on Ethereum. We’re using blockchain technology to reimagine the future of gambling and the over $400 billion market.
It is a decentralized platform for playing online poker with real money. It leverages the Ethereum blockchain to provide the first blockchain-based online poker experience where players never have to deposit money on a site, the shuffle is provably random and cards are cryptographically secure.
At Virtue Poker you must balance passion for the technology while knowing when and how to focus the conversation on our users. At Virtue Poker we enjoy an open and inclusive culture, competitive benefits, and the freedom to explore and experiment. We are always iterating and improving our work, the culture, and ourselves.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. Please feel free to join our Telegram Group or check out our Medium page before applying.
About the role:
Virtue Poker is looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to help build our application. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be involved in the development lifecycle of the Virtue Poker ecosystem with particular responsibility in the quality assurance of software with emphasis on implementation of test automation.
You'll be involved in the creation of test plans and decision making to ensure the best test approach following the test pyramid way of thinking.
You will be working closely with developers as they code to ensure requirements and quality standards are met, and will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our development process that support and enhance the current quality assurance within Virtue Poker.
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process, from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Designing, developing and supporting our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams.
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Mentor team members on automation
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Work closely with the software engineering team, Product Management as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow
- Have the drive to become a expert in:
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Acceptance testing
- Performance and scalability testing
- Security Testing
- Smart Contract Testing
- Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in tooling or QA automation
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Jest, Mocha, Chai, Selenium
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
- Working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
- Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments such as AWS
- Experience mentoring QA staff and end users on quality objectives and testing processes
- Understanding of technologies such as React/Redux, Electron, Spectron, AWS Cloud services, Solidity.
- Some knowledge of Unix/Linux
- CTFL, ISTQB, CSQA or CSTE certified
- Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject
- Experience in mobile automation (web and native apps)
- Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.