Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Devo is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Python Software Engineer (PSE) will be part of a R&D Team in charge of building the solutions necessary to support external technologies, hence contributing to expanding the footprint of Devo in existing and new customers. The PSEs are in charge of the development of integrations of the world's leading security and cloud providers, using state-of-the-art technologies. Besides, PSEs are an integral part of the evolution of the internal tools and processes and contribute decisively to embracing new tools or methods.
- Develop End-To-End API integrations from the initial research to integration tests with a proprietary Python framework.
- Perform internal technical documentation and end-user guides for the developed integrations.
- Develop high performance and proprietary Devo scripts for parsing events and logging.
- Create and maintain unit tests for the generated artifacts.
- Contribute to the quality, relevance and up-to-date status of the integrations portfolio.
- Comply with programming standards, company directives and legal requirements.
- Own the integration work across multiple internal and external touchpoints: direct communication with external parties -tech. suppliers, partners, etc.-, internal teams -pre-sales, professional services-, etc.
- Contribute to detecting and solving complex issues in current integrations.
- 3+ years of experience with Python.
- Working experience with SOLID principles of object-oriented programming.
- Working experience with Developing API integrations.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge of Linux environments.
- Autonomous, 'get things done', mindset.
- Curiosity to innovate every day, proactivity to set ideas into action.
- Insightful, resourcefulness, cooperative.
- Professional competence: Spanish + English.
- Experience in ETL and logging ingestion.
- Knowledge of Python Multiprocessing/Multithreading libraries.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Knowledge of Dockerized microservices.
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments (AWS preferred).
- Knowledge of SQL.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid