We are looking for an experienced and proactive Python Developer to join our Data Science team. You will be a key player in the organisation by contributing to build our Route Intelligence platform.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design, develop and maintain software components making technical decisions about technologies, data structures, algorithms, programmatic solutions, etc
- Write clean, scalable and fast performing code according to guidelines and quality standards, including development and maintenance of automated unit tests
- Contribute to the design and development of complex ETL processes
- Contribute to technical debt tracking and improvement plan
- Research and recommend new technologies as well as software libraries (including open source), models and tools
What you should know about Zeelo:
- We’re on a mission to build a global pop-up transport platform that will transform inter-urban travel, by intelligently using data to generate unscheduled and direct coach routes
- We’re a small young team of
do-ers, finding a balance between thinking big and getting stuff done.
Our team culture encourages people to be:
- Ambitious - anything is possible with a can-do attitude
- Empowered - make intelligent and informed decisions. Ask for forgiveness, not permission
- Cheeky - don’t accept anything because ‘that’s the way it’s always been’. Be cheeky and challenge the status quo
- We’re a well funded startup with transport and technology experience. We’ve identified a huge opportunity
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a small team with huge ambition!
You should be/have:
- Strong experience and proven track record as a Python developer (> 3 years)
- Object-oriented architectures, data structures, algorithms and concurrent programming
- High-level knowledge of data mining tools/concepts (Pandas, familiarity with Machine Learning libraries such as Scikit-Learn is highly appreciated).
- Experience working with HTTP protocol and REST paradigm
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience working with large relational databases
- Experience in using version control systems as GIT and comfortable working with branches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Outgoing - able to communicate well externally and also with the rest of the team
- Creative, driven, proactive and motivated to try new things
- A versatile, practical, pragmatic worker capable of working autonomously and as a part of an interdisciplinary team
We'd really like it if you:
- Have experience in Big Data technologies, such as NoSQL/graph databases and/or distributed computing.
- Have experience working with Spark and Scala
- Have experience in designing and developing ETL processes
- Have experience with GIS systems (e.g., PostGIS, GeoPandas, etc.)
- Send us projects that you feel proud of along with your CV
- Have worked in a startup or worked on your own projects
- Great culture. Humble. Creative. Friendly. Talented. These are the people we hire and this is how our working culture is shaped
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday a year
- No one should work on their birthday, you can take that day off as well
- Zeelo team socials every couple of weeks
- Commitments to training and development opportunities every quarter - just ask for what you need and we’ll do our best to make it happen