Hello! I am a software engineer and I am part of a zooplus development team. Zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. My team is looking for a colleague to work together and contribute to the success of the team and the company. I can tell you some of the main things that make me feel good in this company and would be interesting for you.
- We work in teams of around 5 developers
- Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it also.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams. There is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple t-shirt
- We are used to do pair programming, learning from each other, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must. In other moments we talk in Spanish, depending on the people involved of course.
These are the technologies/frameworks we use:
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (terraform, cli, serverless...)
- REST API and WSGI
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining business-critical applications.
- Work with Product, UX teams and key stakeholders.
- Proactively work to share analysis, experimentation learning with the rest of the organisation.
Skills to create thrills
- Excellent knowledge of controlled on-line experiments statistical methods for hypothesis validation/refutation
- Experience with Python/Pandas.
- Experience with SQL
- Self-starter and detail-oriented. You can complete projects with the minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Basic concepts of clean code principles
- Agile and DevOps mindset willing to learn all the team duties
- Team player
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Valid work permit for Spain
- Fluent in English
Some perks and benefits you can enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance with a dental plan
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop
- Proven experience working in an agile environment with Python
- Ability to understand how technical/architecture decisions impact on the product you own.
- Experience in Digital Marketing is a plus.
- Fluency in English, Spanish/German is a plus