We are looking for a motivated Python Backend Engineer to help develop the next generation of our in-house systems in the realm of Search Engine Marketing (SEM). You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, analysts, data scientists and product owners as co-workers. Deep dive data, develop innovative solutions and take our marketing systems to new heights!
With 400 employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
Ads Team Mission:
This team is part of the Performance Marketing department and responsible for our ad templating, creative copywriting and extension management. The goal is to be at the cutting edge of the latest advertising technology, evaluating new features, running A/B tests to optimise and manage an inventory of 10s of millions of ads. We have touch points across various departments and aim to solve problems at scale.
- Immerse yourself in our Marketing and Technology Stack
- Develop tooling & systems for A/B testing of ad content
- Partner with our business and technical teams to deliver innovative solutions
- Review ongoing SEM efforts, identify opportunities and explore new areas
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Minimum of 3+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in backend Python coding, related best practices and libraries
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Understanding of common SQL concepts and query creation
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data drive decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with large-scale data processing using Apache Spark
- Developed against advertising APIs (Google Adwords, Facebook, etc.)
- Prior experience with ad management or optimisation
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!