In Openbank, the primary purpose of the IT Project Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value. Project Managers do not just report a project's health but actively own, oversee, coordinate and manage projects to ensure succesful business or technical value deliveries.
Support the overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans to meet the needs of customers.
Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope,risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
Qualifications and Competencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration.
Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects.
Experience with projects in multiple technology domains and functions, primarily in the area of core banking. The candidate must understand the complexities and challenges underlying core banking transformation programs and their succesful release.
Project manager training and certification desirable, but not required.
Expected experience / knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of banking functionality and processes.
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects in such industry domain.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives. Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time.
+5 years experience managing core banking programs / leading core banking projects or work-streams. Preferred if brings experience on large transformation programs.
Experience in Temenos core banking implementation programs is highly valued.
Experience delivering international banking projects, primarily in US. Experience and knowledge of US's market environment (e.g. ACH, Wires, Credit Bureaus integrations), market practices and Regulatory mandates (e.g. RegE, RegD) is highly valued.