We are looking for a Product Owner to, together with development teams and business partners, define and deliver great products and services.
As a member of the engineering team, you will build and operate the technology that supports how we keep our network of players healthy across games providing the foundation for King’s games to run and operate as-a-service. This role is based in Barcelona, but you will need to interact a lot with other King Platform teams based in Stockholm, London, Shanghai and Seattle offices. Due to our different locations, this role is required to travel from time to time.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be part of the engineering team working together with a team of engineers to build solutions according to the product vision and company strategy. You will do it by having a close collaboration with stakeholders and tech leadership, maintaining focus on priorities and outbound communications.
You will be helping shaping the future of King Platform and our services, as well as helping us to continuously improve and excel.
- Close and frequent collaboration with stakeholders; you will find out what they are trying to achieve with a particular feature request and frame it as the problem to be solved.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to the product vision and company strategy with focus on business value
- Help articulate the value and impact of projects and roadmaps
- Make sure the team is executing towards the most valuable problems worth solving and that they have all the information to build the most appropriate solution
- Plan, refine and prioritize the team backlog keeping it as short as possible, with each item clearly defined, prioritised and understood.
- Be the product superuser! Nobody should know more about how to drive the product than you and you are able to run a demo of any feature with almost no notice.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
Skills to create thrills
- You are a leader used to make decisions in a fast-pace environment and sometimes under uncertainty conditions
- Analytical mindset to permanently challenge the status quo and identify what makes sense and what not and why.
- Passionate about people with an agile and lean mindset.
- Experience working with agile development teams and processes.
- Product management background with several years as a business analyst, product owner or product manager
- Experience in project management
- A standout colleague who works effectively with people across different locations.
- Excellent communicator, listener and facilitator with superb spoken, written and presentation skills.
- Comfortable interacting with everyone from Developers and Data Scientists to Executives.
- Technical background is a plus.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.