The Hotels Network is an award-winning technology company providing innovative software (B2B SaaS) for the hospitality industry. Since day one, we've worked hard to bring together an awesome team with deep expertise in hospitality, product design and consumer marketing. United by the mission to help hotel brands increase direct bookings, we build pioneering technology that enables any hotel to optimize their guests’ booking experience and regain their fair share of online revenue. We believe in what we do. As do thousands of hotels around the globe.
Based at our headquarters in Barcelona as well as in other strategic locations around the globe, The Hotels Network team is made up of 60 people from 20 different nationalities. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team based in Barcelona. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a very ambitious company at a point where your work will have immediate impact on its growth and results. And have fun doing it, too.
Key to this role is being someone who is passionate, customer-focused and enjoys balancing tactics and strategy. Part of this role includes formulate and articulate the product vision for The Hotels Network and make sure it is aligned with the overall company direction, so you’ll shape our overall product roadmap and strategy, write specs and ship and refine genre-defining features.
- Define product priorities and manage product requests.
- Propose concrete ideas to develop & improve new and existing products.
- Listen to, and inspire customers.
- Provide and analyze market information.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to constantly strategize and prioritize the roadmap.
- Work with marketing and sales to maximize the impact of new feature releases, bug fixes, enhancements, and new services.
- Use data to understand and support the effects of the decisions made.
- Work with our marketing team in creating the proper positioning of the product and the necessary elements for its communication: labelling, catalogues, etc.
Helpful skills and experience
- Strong technical understanding, as well as knowledge and experience of lean product development methodologies.
- A track record of working collaboratively with engineers to help prioritize technical trade-offs.
- Ability to read external API specifications and understand what is technically feasible.
- Excellent written and communication skills, especially being able to break down customer problems or product specifications into simple and clear documentation.
- Experience with growth tactics (e.g. a/b testing) and statistics concepts (e.g. statistical significance).
- Stakeholder management skills — you have a track record of successfully taking in a lot of input and conflicting requests while still moving forward at a fast pace.
- Proven track record of end-to-end product launches.
- Research on new ideas and look for solutions to complex problems.
- Experience writing clear product specifications and building low fidelity wireframes.
- Inspirational communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and experience with using data to inform decisions.
- Demonstrated experience guiding and motivating technical teams.
- Ability to thrive with ambiguity and work autonomously.
What We Value
- Excellent communications and presentations skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Hands-on attitude and sense of initiative.
- Fun to work with.
What We Offer
- Learning environment.
- Having a real impact on a young and fast-growing company.
- Innovative technology company.
- Center of Barcelona with a nice office.
- International team environment.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join one a very ambitious company at a point where your work will have an immediate impact on its growth and results. And have fun doing it, too.
About The Hotels Network