The Product Owner (PO) role sits within the Product organization and represents the customer on the Agile team. It is the Product Owner’s responsibility to ensure the team is focused on the right work and priority and to help the team achieve the iteration commitments.
Accountabilities & responsibilities
• Accountable for synchronizing with the Product Manager/s and other PO’s to ensure new work is brought into the backlog and prioritized appropriately
• Responsible for developing user stories from collated requirements by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to align the product design and development activities to deliver ROI
• Responsible for ensuring everyone in the team understands the user story and is aligned in the iteration
• Responsible for prioritization of the team backlog
• Based on the prioritized backlog, accountable for coordinating the product delivery team(s) and design colleagues to ensure the required activities are delivered to sufficient/agreed quality, time and budget so that the product enhancements or maintenance is available to the wider business and customers/providers
• Accountable for working with the development team/s and architecture to implement the user stories including all undocumented edge cases and non-functional requirements (performance, scale, redundancy etc.) in appropriate artefacts to support the development effort
• Responsible for participating in daily scrum, iteration planning meetings and iteration reviews to ensure product team schedules/tasks reflect the prioritized backlogs. Maintains focus on continually improving performance through lessons learned for the next iteration
• Responsible for User Acceptance Criteria & Sign Off (ensuring the requirements are clear to enable acceptance criteria to be met; ensuring sign off against the criteria)
• Accountable for the system demos at the end of the PI
• The PO will develop deep functional product knowledge and understands the technical composition of systems that support it
• The PO will know the market and is focused on maximizing value for the customer
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Working knowledge of Agile principles; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience is a plus
- 1 –3 years of Product Owner and/or Business Analyst experience.
- Exposure to technical concepts, product owner techniques, tools & principles
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development
- Position will be based in Barcelona, ES
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Confluence and JIRA.
- Excellent verbal, written and ‘attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability and desire to work with people all over the world, with the probability of a varying work schedule to accommodate different time zones.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams and facilitate conversations that lead to agreed direction.
- Capacity to seek consensus and agreement across multiple stakeholders, bringing diverse opinions together
- Ability to resolve conflict for the team and within the team; influencing internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalently qualified by experience
- Able to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Experience within the travel industry is desired but not required.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.