Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with 80,000 montly learners from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
Your main objective will be helping to define and execute Preply’s product strategy, ensuring that our students are successful in reaching their goals, and our tutors have the tools & data necessary to teach effectively. Using data and qualitative feedback, develop hypotheses and drive solutions that help Preply grow, and continue to redefine the way people learn online.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch.
- Develop and execute on product strategy, including new product initiatives, by:
- Diving into complex machine learning algorithms that help us match the right tutor with the right student, every time;
- Helping to solve complex liquidity management problems, balancing global demand for learning with a growing supply of tutors across multiple subjects;
- Getting creative in feature definitions, understanding and testing how disparate variables such as preferred learning time, native language, learning goal, or browser type can greatly influence which tutors match with which students;
- Finding other ways to use our deep data sets for making tutor recommendations, to reduce churn, to classify tutors and many other ideas;
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including determining product requirements, driving execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant experience in product management, ideally in a search environment;
- Practical, hands on experience with machine learning, and the ability to communicate with data scientists;
- You have experience building a product in a fast paced, and rapid growth environment
- You possess the ability to support multiple initiatives at different phases of development;
- You have experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products to global markets;
- You possess strong analytical abilitiesYou deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact;
- You know every step of the funnel;
- You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B testsYou’re a natural leader;
- You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- A/B Testing platforms — experience with multiple platforms preferred: what testing platforms do they have experience with: 3rd party products/services or internal/homegrown tools
- Testing methodologies A/B, AB/n | multivariate
- ability to define tests explicitly (percentage of users in test, control groups, entry criterion; test success metrics)do they have experience running multiple concurrent tests at scale
- Statistics/math/physics -- hard sciences background/experience
- understanding of statistical significance, comfortable with data/sql/R(?)/excel — general data manipulation
- experience reading and calling tests
- Ability to map quantitative to qualitative
- Good understanding of retention/activation marketing
- - An Understanding of design/UX
- understanding of the tools and technologies employed in making UI changes
- familiarity and comfort with rapid prototyping and qualitative customer testing
- familiarity with multi-modal user journeys and how various entry points/journeys can impact tests (and thus should be controlled for)
- - Marketplace/subscription experience
- understanding of marketplace dynamics, & the need to balance both sides of the marketplace (sell/buy side)understanding of revenue dynamics, LTV, seasonality, YoY comparisons, churn
- Vision & Simplicity
- Effective communication/conversation skills
- Decision making ability
- Servant leadership
- Should possess immense curiosity, and have the ability to empathise with their customers
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.