Purpose of position:
As a Digital Commerce Product Manager, you will be responsible for planning, solutioning and implementing complex web applications based upon Tech Data Digital Commerce strategy.
The Product Manager must be an expert with strong focus and understanding of product planning, development execution and Agile best practices. To be successful, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. This position requires strong leadership, design, and communication skills to effectively work with management, team members and business contacts
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Define a long-term product roadmap while identifying key opportunities and strategic partnerships, working closely with business stakeholders
- Demonstrate and develop deep domain expertise, competitive landscape awareness, and provide consulting on best practices and emerging trends
- Deliver solutions which specify processes, technology, staffing and project management required for implementation
- Define and manage requirements for capabilities – includes business solution concepts, features, acceptance criteria, test case input, business case (ROI value) or other documents
- Engage UX on Concept Work, Wireframes, Comps and Prototypes
- Work in closed collaboration with Product Owners, participating in Release & Sprint Planning
- Establish business and web success metrics with analytics team; define KPIs and monitor results
- Drive need and priority throughout the software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to delivery and adoption of the designed solution
- Ensure that business and customer interests are represented, and that online development, engineering and user experience teams are aligned on those needs
- Consultation as “trusted expert advisor” role in your solution area, to both internal and external stakeholders, including formal advice and Executive customer presentations
- Communicate Project status, Designs and Demos to Stakeholders & Executives
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
- To perform other additional duties as assigned by Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate business requirements to technical specifications
- Strong technical and non-technical communication, partnering skills and proven leadership skills
- Effectively builds & delivers presentations to all levels of management
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skill; deal with ambiguity in fast-paced e-business environment
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a time critical and high-pressure environment
- Able to work in a multi-tasking environment across multiple locations / time zones.
- Clear sense of accountability & ownership; attention to detail
- Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives
- Proactive and self-directed
- Customer facing
- Fluent in English language. Other European language skills beneficial.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- University education in an IT or Management discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a product management environment, delivering ecommerce or digital solutions
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or other product methodologies such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience in constructing complex solutions and documenting requirements
- Awareness of change management principles
- Experience of systems integration with SAP R3 beneficial
- Experience of IT Distribution beneficial
- Normal professional, office environment in one of the major locations of TD EMEA
- Willingness to travel within Europe required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders – up to 30% travel
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.