Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for a stand-out Product Manager to join the Product department in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 300 engineering partners worldwide to improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 monitoring networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our remote monitoring solution is a leader in the global IoT monitoring ecosystem. We’re looking for an experienced, energetic Product Manager to take us to the next level.
Our monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices and LoRa-based connectivity products. We also work with key industry players to offer specialist sensor equipment and software applications typically used by engineering service providers to add value to end customers.
The Mission: We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
The Product Manager is responsible for setting the strategy for their products and services, making sure that they support the company’s overall strategy and goals. He/she is also responsible to communicate this strategy to all relevant participants and stakeholders to ensure its execution throughout the product life cycle.
Their activities range from market research, product and customer requirements gathering and prioritization; defining the vision, value proposition and business strategy; generating product requirements, roadmaps and go-to-market plan.Together with sales, marketing and support, ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Responsibilities and outcomes:
- Define and own the product vision, strategy and roadmap. Conveying this vision and strategy to the rest of the company and creating buy-in both internally and externally with key partners and investors
- Become the evangelist/owner of your product lines with a solid understanding of customers, marketplace, competition and future trends. Conduct research as required and maintain shared documentation.
- Identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas and translate customer/sales feedback into product improvements/changes that increase market share, enhance customer experience and drive growth.
- Develop the core positioning, messaging and value proposition for the product. Contributing to sales and marketing materials generation and ensuring that they are consistent with product line strategy and that messaging is effectively conveyed.
- Translate product strategy into roadmap, requirements and prototypes. Delivering MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Set business strategy, develop business cases and pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals. Measure and track products and services (financial) performance.
- Manage the development process for products and services, ensuring the product owner(s) represent the product line’s business interests whilst holding the development team to account for delivering on time and to budget.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples, perform product demos to customers and partners.
- Lead and manage the cross-functional product team to deliver new products, services, feature enhancements and releases to market. Take care of products and services throughout the product lifecycle and manage their withdrawal at end of life.
- Define and lead the go-to-market plan across several departments.
- Propose and own the overall budget to ensure success. Allocate it with internal and external resources to maximize business and customer impact.
- Resolve issues as they arise, act quickly as empowered with authority and responsibility.
- Act as a leader within the company. Representing the company when visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Great Communicator, persuasive and team player.
- Passionate about technology.
- Hands on and with orientation towards achievement.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager with proven methodologies
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – English,Spanish (as a bonus).
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong problem-solving skills and “rolled up sleeves” attitude.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Great work environment
- Work-life balance
- Office amenities, i.e. fresh fruit and coffee
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing groups
- Internal activities (communities, tech chapters, show and tell, forums)
- Develop new ideas and really test them by participating in our annual Hackweeks
- Annual teamwork activities
- A diverse, international team
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace