Rover connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents.
We’re the European hub of a VC-backed Tech startup headquartered in Seattle. You will join an amazing and ambitious global team. In Europe, we’re an international team with about 17 nationalities located in Barcelona. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) we love animals, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
As the Product Manager for Rover’s Trust & Safety program, you are responsible for evolving - and delivering on - our company’s commitment to fostering a safe experience for all users and pets. You will be working very closely with the head of the Trust & Safety Program to make the broader program goals a reality, while also being a key source of new insights on where we should invest next. In concert with an engineering team dedicated to this endeavor, you will own the product roadmap for all things related to building trust in the platform and reducing risk (in all forms) for the Rover community. You will also partner closely with the Operations and Marketing teams to make sure that our internal and external communications & workflows support the overall goals of the Trust & Safety program
- 5+ years of Product management experience; 2+ years driving product-focused Trust & Safety initiatives at an online marketplace, social network, or other relevant consumer product with millions of users highly preferred
- Familiarity with risk frameworks and the latest innovations in safety-enhancing technology.
- Experience assessing, negotiating, implementing, and managing external vendor relationships; direct experience with different identity and fraud vendors a plus
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- English fluency, both written and spoken
Why We'll Hire You:
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values - and are highly motivated by the responsibility to foster a safe environment for our community.
- You can go get the information you need to validate your hypotheses and can synthesize it into what to do next
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth
- You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery and bring your cross-functional partners along with you.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.