We’re looking for a talented Associate Product Manager to partner with our senior product leaders in executing the roadmap for key platform initiatives. In this position, you’ll play a critical role in defining and building Whitespectre’s own software products, along with having opportunities to collaborate with client partners and end-users. Experience with e-commerce, b2b, subscription-based models, community platforms, and lifestyle products (fitness, health, etc) are all a plus.
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing! Only candidates from outside of the US will be considered for this role.
In this role, you will:
- Align with stakeholders on key business goals and customer needs and work with senior management and the development team to define and execute the roadmap.
- Define and communicate detailed user stories, own the backlog, lead the team’s grooming and sprint planning sessions, and develop a ‘release and iterate’ strategy
- Work hand in hand with UI/UX designers and the development team to create engaging and compelling user experiences
- Analyze and share key performance metrics, and use this data to evaluate opportunities, improve user experiences and produce better results
- Develop a deep understanding of the end-user and market to identify new opportunities, in addition to tracking new ideas in relevant verticals that can be applied to the product strategy.
- Capture customer feedback and triage production issues/bugs to ensure the best user experience. Be the ‘voice’ of the end-user.
- Communicate progress and updates to the Whitespectre executive team and client stakeholders
We work on fast iteration cycles using an agile/scrum methodology. This job is ideal for APMs who are action-oriented, self-directed and enjoy a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
We’re excited about candidates who are:
- Strong collaborators and communicators, both in verbal and written communication. You’re clear and specific, and you consider the perspective and priorities of each collaborator in advance when you communicate.
- Team players- you enjoy working in a close-knit team and learning from others. You’re skilled at building trust.
- Excellent organizers; able to catch and juggle competing priorities while understanding the bigger project management picture to make yourself and your team successful.
- Passionate and intellectually curious about new products, market opportunities, and product strategy.
- Seeking a long-term, growth opportunity. While our work is fast-paced, we also work consistent hours and value stability. If you’re a ‘Digital Nomad’ and/or looking for something short-term, then we’re not the right fit for you.
- At least 2+ years in a Product Management role or a Delivery role with ‘product responsibilities’, working daily with a development team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a US, UK, or Canada-based company, or with clients in those countries.
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, crossing over with 11am - 7pm Central European Time
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - whether that’s across the room or across the globe. We make work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on exciting projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor
What else do we offer?
- 100% remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote-first experience.
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people. Our client partners love working with us and embrace our working process as well.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, mentorship, and career path to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
- Competitive compensation: we’re looking for long-term members to add to our remote team. Many have been with us for 5+ years. Depending on location, we will hire as employees or Independent contractors.