TOQIO (toq.io) enables any business, not just banks, to create game changing, data driven, finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to their customers where and when they need it.
We are currently looking for a passionate and self-motivated Product Lead with great managerial skills to join a talented cross-functional team. Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future?
As a Product Lead reporting directly to the CPO you will:
- Be responsible for optimising the value of our products and the work of the engineering teams
- Manage and coordinate with product and design teams a backlog and a product roadmap.
- Manage and coordinate with the technical team developments and releases.
- Communicate and organise appropriately with customer success and commercial teams any product relevant matter.
- Lead ongoing reviews of current and new products and develop optimization strategies.
- Lead the strategy, planning, delivery, marketing and in-life optimization of the product.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings in English.
- Prioritise, maintain and refine the Product Backlog by ensuring that each user story has acceptance criteria
- Drive the delivery of the product strategy & product backlog
- Facilitate discussions across the agile delivery team to ensure problems are solved and blockers unblocked
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Mentoring product owners, as well as taking a fuller role in strategizing and execution of the product roadmap for the short, medium and long term
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager role – preferably in Fintech, Payments or FX
- Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience / knowledge in the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry
- Experience in team-lead and project management.
- Experience leading and supporting successful projects.
- Self-assertion and negotiation skills.
Must have skills:
- Have excellent analytical skills in order to evaluate business processes, anticipate new requirements, identify areas for improvement, as well as the development and implementation of solutions.
- Be a highly proactive person
- Ability to define a product backlog using standard categories like epics & user stories
- Very strong project delivery skills: constantly launching new features & products
- Analytical and commercially sharp
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage your own workload with a thorough attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Other languages such as French or German will be an advantage
What we offer:
- TOQIO. People are one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building a unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founding team; Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields. Along with Daniella Lorenzo, Rodrigo Iglesias, Víctor Martín, Arancha Riestra and Jingxuan Xu are leading a talented team full of energy and passion.
- Our core values. TOQIO’s 4Cs are our flagship, we are:
- Curious: Curiosity is the lifeblood of innovation.
- Committed: Shaping TOQIO into a more vibrant place to do business, as well as making our society better.
- Considerate: We’re a diverse and multicultural team that brings many perspectives into our workforce.
- Creative: seeking out of the box thinkers who face challenges head on, and look forward to innovating their way around every obstacle.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for Product Lead: 55.000€ to 65.000€ gross annual base salary depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
- Leave Period: 25 holiday days of your election.
- Employee Share Scheme: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Flexible perks package including private health insurance, entertainment, training, mentoring program, gym...
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with over 15 nationalities and colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short, fun games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality. As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective insights rather than gut feeling. And as we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results as well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to check TOQIO, we are really looking forward to hearing from you!
Our modular approach lets clients use pre-built TOQIO products to easily create personalised applications to power their propositions. We have initially developed 3 products which can be configured to deploy innovative whitelabel Business Finance Applications and change the way business banking is deliverer to their customers;
Digital Banking, the simplest, quickest and most efficient way to deploy a full digital banking proposition to the market
Marketplace: Our customers are able to access a range of pre-integrated technologies and services to deliver a better overall financial experience;
Business Intelligence: Powerful APIs connected to accounting, banking and other financial applications giving us a wealth of SME customer insight, and allow us to automate the delivery of financial products.