We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet Who we are Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access. Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
A creative, skilled and innovative Product Designer?
Then we have the perfect job for you!
We are the Frontiers Design team, working as part of the wider Marketing and Communications department, to bring amazing science to a broad public and support a global switch to Open Science.
We’re looking for
A creative Product Designer with a sharp eye for detail. Reporting to the Design Manager, you are able to work as part of a team to develop engaging, on-brand designs for a variety of digital products.
Curious of what awaits you? Here's a small glimpse of what we do:
- Work as part of a team of Product Designers to conceptualize and build cutting-edge digital products, tools and services.
- Apply stakeholder briefs to define solutions to address business needs and objectives.
- Produce pixel-perfect UI.
- Collaborate with multiple, cross-functional teams to support and improve UX and customer journeys.
- Work with complex interactions for B2B and B2C products.
- Prototyping and testing.
- Propose design initiatives based on existing style guides.
- Build and improve design workflows.
- Strengthen brand principals through UI components and assets.
- Brief frontend developers to ensure adherence to Frontiers UX vision.
- Bachelor's degree in design.
- Minimum of 4 years working in UX/UI fields.
- Solid knowledge of usability, information architecture and interaction design.
- Experience with user flows, feature prioritization, wireframing and prototyping.
- Experience in multi-device web design and responsive design.
- Expert-level proficiency with design software and technologies, including Figma.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team on large and complex projects.
- Good communication skills and the ability to present results to stakeholders.
- A strong portfolio showcasing relevant work of user experience design.
- Native English speaker or business level proficiency.
- Experience in the publishing industry is a plus.
- 25 days vacation per year and Christmas office closure.
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme.
- Professional development opportunities.
- In-house well-being activities including a variety of sports and social clubs.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.