A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information, through one easy-to-use API.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team based in Barcelona and Mexico City that is tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
About the team:
- We work in multi-functional squads with 2-weeks sprints. We do weekly planning on Mondays, stand-ups everyday and all-hands meetings on Fridays
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in our Barcelona or Mexico City offices and others prefer remote. For us there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection
- We are not fans of legacy code, so we try to be as clean as possible
- After having built many products in the past, we started Belvo using microservices and a scalable infrastructure from day 1 to allow for faster development
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
- Design and deliver user researches, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, and UI specifications in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Utilize design thinking methodologies from empathy to rapid prototyping to arrive at creative, intuitive end-to-end experiences our users will love.
- Communicate a strong point of view–informed by customer insights, data, design principles, and industry trends–yet hold it only loosely.
- Conduct user research and competitor analysis to inform design decisions and evaluate your designs.
- Consume our Design System library and collaborate with other designers to its evolution in order to reach design consistency.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality.
- Work in a highly collaborative way with the design, product, and engineering teams to build impactful yet cost efficient solutions.
- Define and apply core values into your design process.
You can be part of the gang if:
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience in a Fintech, B2B SaaS or developer-focused products
- Experience in fast-paced or startup environment working with Agile methodologies
- Extensive experience designing within a design system and maintaining good file hygiene while working within a team of other designers
- Have a user-first attitude and ensure we consistently deliver a user-centric culture
- Experience with conducting user research and usability testing at scale
- Have a good understanding of UX/UI, visual language and principles of interaction design
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of design tools (Sketch and/or Figma, Studio Invision, Adobe suite...). And willing to learn new ones
- Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services
- Experience on defining digital Brand Identities
- Good copywriting skills
- Motion and prototyping experience