Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer, ideally familiar with iterative data-informed process driven by multiple product teams. We prefer working with designers who think deeply, communicate clearly, love collaboration and feedback.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Focus at speed and iteration rather than building the best solution possible;
- Focus at value your solution is providing to business;
- Understand the key design methodologies and frameworks;
- Produce highly usable design solutions that tackle your key hypotheses;
- Done is better than perfect, but you don’t compromise at visual aesthetics and consistency for the sake of speed. Instead, you demonstrate lean and clever solutions;
- Interviewing customers is the activity you never want to cheat on;
- Ability to make use of product data;
- Contribute to the development of Preply Design System.
What we're after:
- Passion for learning languages and helping people to learn effectively;
- Proactiveness in learning behavioral psychology;
- Confident communication skills in English;
- Research techniques, validation and empathy over visionary;
- Simplicity and lean approach is the part of the DNA;
- Understanding of data-informed culture;
- Exceptional high-fidelity prototyping skills;
- Cross-platform design experience;
- Previous experience in a Payment or Content team would be a plus;
- Previous experience with designing content and social projects would be a plus.
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory;
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com;
- Competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance;
- Flexible working conditions to support your personal needs;
- Strong financial package to live a great life and keep saving.
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.