At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
We invite you to join Vodafone to build a future together, in a position where you can learn new things every day and have contact with the different business units of the Company, as well as related institutions and public bodies.
The Product Design & Development Specialist role focuses on design and development of cutting-edge real-time messaging, voice and video services based public cloud services and on-premises data centres. As the candidate gains knowledge and experience, the position will evolve into an end-to-end architect role for IMS-based services across Vodafone footprint and in close collaboration with other Mobile Operators under the GSMA umbrella.
The role purpose is to design and implementation of on-premises and public cloud services solutions using industry best practices with high focus on:
- Taking end-to-end ownership for the solutions by following agile way of working
- Automation of repeating tasks by applying DevSecOps practices including building Continuous Integrations and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Infrastructure as a Code programming
- Delivering integration code and Linux scripts for solutions
- Compliance with industry security standards
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Batchelor in Engineering (Telecommunications preferred) or equivalent.
- Fluent in English– both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly.
- +1 year professional work experience
The candidate should demonstrate a good understanding in some of the following areas:
- Industry standards: 3GPP and GSMA, with special focus on IMS, RCS (RCS/RCS-e).
- Mobile technologies: Voice & Packet Core Network, GSM, GPRS, 3G/UMTS, LTE.
- Communication Protocols: SIP, MSRP, RTP, TLS, HTTP, gRPC.
- Core network architecture: E2E general understanding of the elements, function and interaction between key core network and IMS architecture.
- Terminals: Application development, mobile OSs (Android, iOS), debugging.
- Programming: Java, HTML, J2EE.
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.