Flowable is the leading provider of open-source Intelligent Business Automation solutions that combine the power of Case, Process, and Decision support into a single platform. Used by many of the world’s prestigious organizations like SAP, Dow Jones, and many other Fortune-500 companies to quickly build and deploy business applications that increase business efficiency, deliver outstanding customer experience and drive operational excellence. Founded in 2010, Flowable has Offices in Switzerland, Spain, Germany, the US, and Singapore.
As Backend Software Engineer reporting to our VP of Engineering, you’ll operate across our Flowable’s portfolio to support our product global team strategy. You’ll need a proven backend software development track record in which you’ve developed a high level of proficiency in Java and Spring Framework and the ability to work with Agile and DevOps fundamentals. You will have an open-minded personality with a passion for open source, new technologies, agile software development and contribute to the on-going commercial success of a progressive, future-orientated business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design & Development – You will design, build and operate the development of Flowable Open Source Engines (BPMN, CMMN, DMN)
- Support Product Roadmap – Help in defining our backend roadmap: giving valuable inputs in the design and architecture, understanding the business impacts of the technical options, and guiding technology choices to create unique experiences for customers
- Documentation Management – Write documentation about Flowable Engine or product features
What you bring:
- Experience with Java 8+ and Spring/Spring Boot. Knowledge in Go, Node.js, AWS, Elasticsearch, or Kafka is a plus
- Experience working with Flowable or BPMN knowledge is a plus
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps concepts
- Fluent English. German, and Spanish, are a big plus
What you can expect:
You will enjoy flexible working hours, training, and home-office possibilities. However, we think these are the most interesting advantages of working at Flowable:
- Our company culture – You will enjoy great team activities such as hackathons, Lunch&Learns, as well as social and sports events. We are an open company with flat hierarchies because we count on people, not titles
- Career growth – Flowable is a young company where you will be given the room to develop yourself and learn new things intensively while the company grows. Take the opportunity!
Note that this position can be based either in Valencia or across Europe. It’s a significant, all-around Product Backend Engineer role with a leading provider of open-source Intelligent Business Automation solutions. If this describes you and your aspirations, please click on the APPLY button to embark on a new and successful adventure.