The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and curious Principal Software Engineer to be a key leader in extending Twilio’s platform to International customers. This person will be technical leader of a newly formed team that builds a common translation and localization platform that will power Twilio’s developer console, docs, products, and other web properties. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s International expansion and will build a platform that provides leverage to Twilio’s product and engineering teams.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of technical leadership. They also have:
- Hands-on experience developing and scaling sophisticated distributed systems based on Java technologies.
- Expertise in React and other web stack and frameworks
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems
- Strong opinions on what makes a good API
- Passion about establishing software development standard methodologies and cultivate those by proactively mentoring your teammates
- Aptitude for leading cross-team technical discussions and decisions
- Competence in agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- Experience operating production services in the DevOps model
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience with building web localization frameworks, workflow/translation pipelines, and test/validation tools
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of localization and translation of Twilio’s web properties.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with other architects, technical leadership and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and your long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Global Twilio team is responsible for one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and international customers to bring the Twilio product portfolio into new markets. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Paseo de la Castellana 77, Madrid office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.