Do you love the cloud and enjoy working with databases and containerized services? We are looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer and technical leader to join our architecture team. You will help design and implement our managed infrastructure layer and tooling that our developers use daily to build, deploy, and troubleshoot services accepting terabytes of traffic each day.
What your playground will look like:
- A constantly evolving architecture, with hundreds of containerized services across multiple agile teams.
- A hybrid data center/cloud environment accepting over 70 billion HTTP requests a day from our customers.
- Linux, Kubernetes, Traefik, RDS, MySQL, Go and that’s just the beginning of the technologies in our stack.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the infrastructure services leadership to help build the platform and tooling running New Relic’s services and databases.
- Help create and maintain a technology roadmap, driving innovative solutions to solve Infrastructure challenges.
- Steer teams toward technical decisions that fit well with our long-term vision.
- Help teams choose the right tools for the job at hand and utilize the chosen technologies efficiently.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate: Architects serve as the connective tissue between teams and organizations for all technical matters.
If you are ready for this role, you have spent years building or supporting large distributed systems in the cloud and know how to design and roll out tooling, while also documenting it for others to understand. You keep up on tech trends and have open conversations with members of the team.
- Experience working with one of the major cloud providers
- Experience managing containerized services (Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon)
- Solid understanding of databases (RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- 8+ years of technical leadership helping engineering teams thrive
- Ability to collaborate and impact decisions at the interpersonal level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with configuration management tooling (Ansible, Terraform, or Puppet)
- Experience with one of these languages: Go, Node, Python, or Ruby
- Multi-cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.