IWe are looking for an experienced software engineer and technical leader to join our architecture team. Members of our group work closely with engineering teams, product managers, and leadership to turn business problems into technical solutions by providing architectural expertise, mentorship, and design guidance.
This position is in our Telemetry Data Platform which operates a large scale data pipeline; allowing customers to send, store, query, and stream their data at scale.
What your playground will look like
- A constantly evolving architecture, with hundreds of containerized services across multiple agile teams.
- A hybrid data center/cloud environment accepting over 50 billion HTTP requests a day from our customers and querying more than 1.5 trillion data points each minute.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the data platform engineering leadership to build our technical strategy.
- Steer teams toward technical decisions that fit well with the long term vision.
- Help teams choose the right tools for the job at hand and utilize the chosen technologies efficiently.
- Identify and aim to resolve any cross-team and cross-org technical issues, working with other Architects and leaders as needed.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate: Architects serve as the connective tissue between teams and organizations for all technical matters.
If you are ready for this job, you’ve spent years building high-availability, high-scale, production systems. You have had plenty of front-line experience in the past, and are now more interested in how sophisticated systems work together than in optimizing that routine. You’ve made mistakes and learned from them, but you’ve also been a part of excellent successes.
- 8+ years of technical leadership helping engineering teams thrive
- Experience building and operating high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to collaborate and impact decisions at the interpersonal level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Masters Degree or PhD in a STEM field will be great.
- Full-stack knowledge of systems fundamentals
- Experience with Java, Apache Kafka, and Apache Flink
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real-time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building an inclusive culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.