Principal Data Analyst in Barcelona
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
Location: France or Spain is preferred
Language requirement: English will be your working language and French/Spanish would be nice to have but not mandatory for this role
What will be your responsibilities?
At the Data Tribe at PayFit, we are currently rebuilding our cloud-based data platform to unlock the full potential of our data, bringing the platform to the next level to empower self-service analytics at a high pace on a strong foundational base.
To support that mission, we are looking for a Principal Data Analyst deeply passionate about digging deep into our current landscape, designing a stable foundation for self-service analytics at scale and turning data into actionable insights.
Together with our data engineering and analytic teams, you will contribute to unlocking the full potential of our data. Reporting directly to the VP Data, you will have a large impact on transforming the business at PayFit.
Being Principal in our Data Tribe, you will:
• Shape the design of our data platform from the perspective of a data consumer
• Shape our frameworks for data visualization, introduce best practices for building dashboards and Looker models that fit the self-serve analytics needs of your users
• Partner closely with analytics engineers for managing and adjusting underlying data sources and our data lakeLead analytical projects, especially in the area of transversal enterprise analytics, user behavior and customer journey exploration
• Work closely with a variety of stakeholders and (internal) users, translate their questions into profound analysis, data stories and success metrics
• Support with data interpretation and ad-hoc exploration
• For analytics teams, you are the go-to person for conceptual and hands-on support
• Collaborate with executives and senior managers to inform company strategy by data
• Be a role model for hypothesis-driven and agile product development
This job has been tailored for you if...
• You have 7+ years of experience, and at least 2 in technical leading function
• You are fluent in english
• You have a strong background in data analysis and statistics, and preferably you have applied that knowledge in SaaS companies before
• You are passionate about user-centric analytics
• You have a strong background in BI analytics, BI engineering, and data visualization
• You are familiar with BI tools (Looker preferred) and know how to unlock them for meaningful and maintainable self-service BI
• You are an expert in SQL and are familiar with at least one programming language suitable for data analysis (Python preferred)
• You are familiar with tracking concepts and product experimentation (A/B testing)
• You have a sound understanding of data science
• You love to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, like executives, senior managers, product managers, and data analysts
• You lead by example and are familiar with lateral leadership concepts
• You are familiar with agile and lean software development methodologies
1️⃣ Meet our Talent Acquisition
2️⃣ Meet Katrin, VP Data
3️⃣ Business case to prepare and review with the team
4️⃣ Meet Olivier, Lead Analytics Engineer
5️⃣ Meet Business stakeholders : Sylvain (CPO), Matthieu (VP Business Ops)
6️⃣ Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of your ISO27001 certification
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.