Worldsensing is looking for a Presales & Bid support engineer to be part of our Customer Solutions Delivery area. You will work in close collaboration with our Sales and Technical teams and have the ownership to ensure the consistency of our technical and commercial approach to creating a winning solution that meets the client’s needs and is within Worldsensing’s capabilities.
- Support pre-qualifications where required;
- Creates the technical and delivery elements of the proposal, liaising with sales and the technical teams;
- Executes the technical writing working with technical teams;
- Authors bid storyboards when required;
- Participates in the kick-off project meetings when projects are awarded;
- Maintains and ensures appropriate visibility of the bid library;
- Ensure Worldsensing leverages historic proposals to minimize the workload on new opportunities;
- Provides a key communications interface between divisions, sales, and supply partners;
- Undertakes continuous training with the product team for deep product knowledge.
Key objectives of the role:
- Liaises directly with customers, aligned with sales, to develop Worldsensing’s understanding of the opportunity;
- Ensures the consistency of our technical approach to creating a winning solution that meets the client’s needs and is within Worldsensing’s capabilities;
- Ensures the consistency of the commercial proposal to create a winning solution that meets the client’s needs and Worldsensing’s margin targets, and complies with Worldsensing’s approval policy;
- Ensures the consistency of the legal documentation to create a winning solution that meets the client’s needs and is aligned with Worldsensing’s requirements;
- Contributes and be part of the wider bid process with the Sales team to create the deliverables contained within a winning proposal;
- Participates in the delivery strategy and liaises with stakeholders as appropriate;
- Provides a key communications interface between divisions, clients and supply partners;
- Assesses risks for each opportunity;
- Escalates risks to completing bid milestones to the Head of Presales at the earliest opportunity;
- Participates in bi-annual lessons learned sessions with key stakeholders to enable the continuous improvement of the bid process.
- BSc. or MSc. in Telecommunications or Industrial Engineering;
- 2-3 years experience within a bidding environment in the Hi-Tech sector;
- Experienced in dealing with customers from a technical perspective;
- Experience of liaising with supply vendors;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Spanish;
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Mockups, Photoshop or a similar image editing app.
- Team player, self-starter, facilitation, motivation and communication skills;
- A logical and structured approach, strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines;
- Quickly able to grasp overall client pain points and apply technical skills to create and execute a winning solution.
- The ability to prioritize your workload;
- Attention to detail.
- Strong language skills in English and a native/bilingual level of Spanish
- Experience in similar positions will be considered