Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Working in Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment, that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.Liferay is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to serve the company's growing number of customers. You should be very comfortable working with business stakeholders and have experience translating business requirements into ones and zeros.
As a Pre-Sales Solution Consultant at Liferay, you will support all sales efforts as the customer’s primary point of contact for all technical questions and inquiries. Working closely with Account Executives, Account Managers and other members of the Liferay team, you will act as a trusted advisor for the customer on the Liferay solution, competitors, and alternative solutions.
- Serve as pre-sales/technical resource for the Sales Engineer team.
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience.
- Provide any assistance to help potential clients overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles.
- Serve as technical resource of the sales reps and alliances team during sales calls and demos (online or on-site)
- Give technical and development advice to the sales team and to potential clients including product configuration and general guidance.
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and outbound.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions, under tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution - based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create
- Create specialized technical/development projects that improve sales collateral, sales team processes, or the Liferay community at large
- Assist with technical white-papers
- Participate in official Liferay social media (blog, wiki, message boards, Twitter, Facebook) to disseminate information, product knowledge, and expertise.
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and different forms of Liferay evangelism.
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Engineering Degree from a four-year university program or equivalent with deep technical background.
- 1-3 years Proven experience in technical pre - sales in the internet web site development, portal, web content management, social collaboration or related industries.
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment. Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, or software sales skills from previous employment
- Excellent Spanish and English (reading, writing and speaking) and other language (Italian or Portuguese) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites, including international travel.
- Experience with portal and portlet development a plus.
- Experience working in technical projects with Java EE is a plus.
- Good team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Learning capacity
- Love of open source projects.
If you think you are the candidate which has the perfect fit don't hesitate to contact me or apply!
We are looking forward meet to you!