At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
We're looking for a Platform Engineer, a passionate person with some experience working in a Platform team following a DevOps philosophy. You will help us improve our platform, improving developers' experience, reliability and scalability using a lean approach.
We need you to help us in tasks like getting zero-downtime deployments, getting insights from the platform, improving our logging, monitoring, tracing and observability in general, continuous delivery and spreading the DevOps culture across the business.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Create robust and scalable solutions to accommodate our growing user base (we are scaling up!).
- Improve automation of operational processes (provisioning, replication, deployments, continuous integration).
- Perform support operations to the rest of the company when those are required.
- As part of the broader Engineering team, be responsible for the security of Tymit’s Platform, which is key in Tymit as we are involved in PCI controls.
- Collaborate with the wider engineering team and the rest of the areas of the company to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally improve the operability and security of our system/services.
- Champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team.
- Understand and adhere to all Tymit’s policies and procedures and adopt the responsibilities required when working for a regulated entity.
- Prior agreement and on special occasions we may ask you to work out of business hours and weekends. We may also ask you to be reachable in the event of service exceptions.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Our Platform Team works with AWS (as all our infrastructure is based in this unique cloud provider), Terraform (IaC), Ansible, Docker/Docker Swarm, ECS, ELK (Elastic Lambda Kibana), Prometheus/Grafana, NGINX, Traefik and Jenkins.
However, in the company, we use a wide range of technologies: Java 1.11 (Quarkus), Java 1.8 (Grails 3), Gradle, NodeJS, React, Python, Kotlin, SwiftUI, etc.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- You have a good track record in giving support as a Platform/DevOps Engineer in distributed architectures.
- You have experience with cloud-based services like AWS and micro service-oriented architectures.
- You have worked with Linux systems in production (command line hero!).
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code concepts and tools like Terraform.
- You have experience with monitoring systems, such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- You have experience implementing logging systems such as ELK (Docker logs drivers, Elastic Lambda and Kibana).
- You have experience working with load balancers and 'reverse proxies' technologies like NGINX, Traefik, or similar.
- You have some knowledge or experience using containers and containers schedulers and can maintain and evolve production-ready clusters on Docker Swarm.
- You are very familiarised with continuous integration and have built delivery pipelines in Jenkins.
- You have some development experience or are willing to learn about programming in languages likes Python, Go or JS.
- You have worked with relational or non-relational databases.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has an interest in the DevOps engineering culture and practices.
- Can identify and communicate problems to the team.
- Has working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Is eager to learn and work in a collaborative team.
- Pairs effectively with other team members.
- Has experience working on remote teams. We are all distributed and from different countries!
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 30,000 – 50,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
📈 Stock options.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, travelling to our Madrid Office when required.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our office in the centre of Madrid.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video call with Cynthia, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Fran, Principal Software Engineer (Platform). Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with Fran and Diego, Principal Software Engineer (Platform). Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with two people from our Engineering team (Jorge, Cristian, Grigoris, Nico, Fran H., Jesus, Luciano or Toni). Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
60 min. video-call with Nico, CTO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.
If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.