Are you interested in building something revolutionary? How about changing the way digital experiences work?
BloomReach is an enterprise software company building the world’s most advanced, open-source, Java-based digital experience platform. We are looking for diligent, experienced developers with a background in system development, a talent for writing elegant code and an intuitive sense of well-balanced architecture to join us in our Amsterdam office. We're a team of technical experts with open source in our DNA, building a high-caliber product for some of the world’s largest and most innovative global brands.
As a part of BloomReach’s Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and extending our digital experience platform. You enjoy taking initiative, diving deep into emerging technologies, and working with open source software and projects in an agile and highly collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate has
- A university degree;
- 5+ years of experience as a Java developer;
- A product development mindset;
- Thorough understanding of and experience with:
- Java 8,
- Microservices, REST APIs,
- SaaS (Software as a service) design,
- Modular and API-driven development,
- Common web application frameworks and libraries,
- Web containers (e.g. Tomcat),
- Asynchronous and eventually consistent (data) processing.
- Familiarity with:
- Open source software,
- SCRUM/agile development in small, self-organized and target-driven teams,
- Cloud (Kubernetes, AWS) and container (Docker) based infrastructures,
- NoSQL backends;
- Fluency in English.
Optimally, you also have experience with some of
- Large-scale content management;
- JCR / Jackrabbit / Oak;
- Groovy, Go languages;
- Search engines (ES, Solr);
- ML, AI;
- Personalization, targeting;
- Front-end application development (Angular or similar).
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth and support for personal and professional development. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s biggest brands. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.