We are looking for a Backend developer with proven experience in Symfony2 / Symfony3 to join our amazing team in our HQ in Barcelona.
About the role
At Xceed, Design & Technology are crucial aspects of the company culture. Every member of the team is involved in the product development activities having a real impact on the company!
You willl develop new functionalities with cutting-edge technology, in particular:
Contribute to product growth using the latest technologies
Develop using the best practices of clean code, testing, and coding standards
Take part into the design of the API for our React front-end and our iOS and Android native apps.
Use your knowledge to improve the existing code and functionalities
Adopt DDD and CQRS software architectures
Maintain test process documentation
Create unit tests for everything and functional tests for critical parts
Use and improve our AWS infrastructure
Manage test servers, deployments, networks and databases
Improve our database performance by refactoring queries or moving to NoSQL data storages (such as DynamoDB, ElasticSearch or Redis)
Understand and contribute to CD and CI procedures.
Use our metrics tools to analyze the system performance in order to improve our user experience
- Strong knowledge of Symfony2 / Symfony3
- Experience in object-oriented programming in PHP 7
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL
- Knowledge in building RESTful web services
- Experience with version control systems (such as GIT)
- Skills in NoSQL (ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of DDD and CQRS- Agile principles adopter
Nice to have
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge in HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap3
- Experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, lambda, SQS)
- Setup and usage of CD/CI techniques- Docker
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Who are we looking for
- A true team player able to proactively take part in multicultural & cross-functional teams
- An ambituos, high achiever who doesn't settle for mediocrity and strive to excell
- A person who love challenges and is able to work under pressure, meet goals and multi-task.
Why are we the perfect team for you to join
- We are a team of young, passionate and international people where you will make the difference with your work and ideas
- Ticket Restaurant
- Remote / home - working days
- You will get flexible working hours and freedom of picking the right schedule for your lifestyle
- A kick-ass office located at 22@ - downtown Barcelona with relax areas, ping pong table, bar, DJ booth, etc...
- Happy Hours & Team Getaways (Did anyone say Ibiza?!)
- Dynamic environment with vast opportunities to learn and grow
- Benefits including free premium subscriptions to e-learning platform, seminaries & conferences and a personal budget to spend on improving your skills and staying up to date with the latest trends. Oh yea, and pretty much free tickets & bottle service for any party in town ;)
- Weekly italian lunches cooked by the founders... mamma mia!!