Our platform is a digital billboard where entrepreneurs in retail and hospitality can put open shifts online. FreeFlexers are able to reply to it and are thus empowered to determine when, where and for which fee they’ll work. Since 2016 Temper has developed itself from a fully founder-built, and founder product-managed platform to a technical organization that holds over 20 engineers, partly based in Amsterdam and partly based in Sri Lanka. The team is still growing rapidly.
This is what you are going to do
The business is growing rapidly and we need to prepare our back-end for our big expansion.
You'll work in one of our multi-disciplinary product teams, focussed at improving the Temper marketplace. You are involved in ideation, technical planning, development, and CI/CD. As a team, you will be responsible for the quality of code, which means you will frequently do code reviews of your pears. Within chapter PHP, you will work at incrementally improving the architecture of the platform. You’ll research, innovate and implement your ideas.
This is what we expect before you start
Here is an impression of what characteristics and skills we believe you should have
- Experience as a PHP developer in a professional environment
- Affinity with our tech stack: Laravel, VueJS, Elastic, MySQL, Kubernetes, OpenAPI
- You know your design patterns
- Eagerness to learn
- Good problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work autonomously on projects and take full responsibility for them
- A highly analytical and curious mind, continually looking out for new technologies and innovations
- Experience with test-driven development and CI/CD
- Open-source contributions or open-source projects on Github are a big plus
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
This is what we expect when you start
- Be a boss: Take ownership, make decisions with courage and act in a way that is going to create the best you.
- Get together: We are a family and take on challenges together. Trust your colleagues and listen to them. When we succeed, we party.
- Make the magic happen: Do you have a good new idea? Go for it, although it might seem crazy. Take small steps and act quick.
This is why you should apply for this challenge
We know there are plenty of jobs out there for talented people. This is why we think you should apply for this job over others.
- We're in a great phase where you will have a huge impact on the future of our back-end development
- Our product is having a hugely positive effect on people's everyday lives! We are enabling people to take more control over their lives. It's incredible to hear how people changed their lives because of our platform.
- This will be one hell of a ride! We're about to expand to different verticals and countries soon.
Why working for us is exciting
- Flexible working hours: we concentrate on output, we don’t look at what time you start or end your day or where you are. We expect you to figure out when to work from home and when to be at the office.
- Salary range: €45.000 - €60.000, dependent on experience
- Tooling: The tools you think you'll need to get your best work done.
- Keep learning: You’ll receive a personal budget to spend on learning and development
- Up to 35 of holidays: Besides our standard 20 holidays, you can earn up to 15 extra days when you reach your targets. Celebrate freedom!
- International: Being part of an extremely vibrant and ambitious Dutch scale-up.
It is our mission to make the labor more flexible, worldwide. Yep, that's a huge ambition. To make it happen, we need strong proactive colleagues. Do you get excited by our mission and do you want to help us reach this goal with lots of love and energy? We’ll see you very soon!
At this moment we only accept applications who are currently living in the Netherlands with valid working rights. As we are IND registered, a highly skilled knowledge migrant VISA is ok.