We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that deliver superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Dubai, with more to come!
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch. The pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
- Provide inspired leadership for the Operations team to achieve performance targets.Your responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring and training new employees. You help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Problem-solving: solving business challenges by adjusting various system levers and identifying solutions. You are able to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and prioritise emerging tasks to meet the needs and goals of the business.
- Create & Optimize Process: we are a startup launching a new product in new environment - we need to create and constantly optimize our operational processes. You make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Work with the management team to determine values, mission, and plan for short and long-term goals. You will also oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Build alliances and relationships: you have exceptional communication & interpersonal skills enabling you to work closely with internal teams across the business and external partners.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Coordinate our front line team (housekeeping & welcome wizards).
- Manage the inventory and the supplies
What can you bring?
- At least 3 years of progressive experience as an Operations Manager in a strategic, analytical and data-driven role
- You take a customer-first approach to everything you do.
- You are a self starter with a can do attitude. You bring creative problem solving skills to the table.
- You are a master of data and have extensive experience using data-centric approach combined with analytical thinking.
- You have experience in the travel, leisure and/or property space.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Fluent English and Spanish other languages are of course a bonus)
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- 23 days holiday plus Spanish bank holidays.
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Subsidised Gym membership and discounted outdoor activity packages
- Mentor Monday - expert speakers from the start-up scene come and share their experiences