like to sing 'put the right letters together and make a better day'.
Our international team, full of problem solvers and music lovers, work
to put the right chords together and make a better music scene. As users
(and we use it a lot), we want it more accessible. As musicians, we
need it more fair. And as music researchers we squeeze our brains to
develop one of the most widespread systems to track music and identify
audio. Currently, we report music usage from all over the world to PROs,
labels, publishers and broadcasters, so that artists get the
recognition they deserve. However, we only feel totally fulfilled when
we can sneak a couple of funny jokes while talking about this.
As a Operations Engineer in the Digital team, your responsibilities will be to maintain and operate the products that power one of the most complete music data processing systems in the world.
We are connected to more than 45 DSPs (Digital Service Providers) such as Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, Deezer, Amazon, etc that provide DSR (Digital Sales Reports) which we process, store, reconcile and match in order to provide insight to our partners, standardize formats, enrich information, compute royalty statements, etc.
In addition, we also provide on-demand audio identification products, where we can identify the music of user-generated content (e.g. YouTube, SoundCloud) so our partners can maximize the revenue obtained from these digital services.
With Python as the main development technology and a bit of C++ for CPU-intensive tasks, the system processes 650 million lines per month in a horizontally scalable architecture powered by AWS (Amazon Web Services).
A system of this magnitude needs resourceful, action-driven and diligent people to be maintained, operated and evolved. You will work side by side with the operations team in order to offer the best user experience for our clients and develop creative solutions to satisfy their business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As an Operations Engineer, you will work at the intersection between the Operations team, who are in daily contact with our customers, and the Engineering team, who plan and execute large scale developments.
On the engineering side, your responsibilities range from extracting concrete information from our databases (mostly MySQL and MongoDB) over resolving issues reported by the operations team up to develop tools in order to scale repeated tasks.
As for operations, you are expected to perform a transversal role, translating customers’ needs into technical specifications and vice versa. You will be free to define your role along the bridge between our clients and the engineering team and find the position where your talent shines the most.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- You know Python and some of its web frameworks and you are eager to get better
- Comfortable querying SQL and NoSQL
- Some experience in AWS and know some of its core components
- Know how to leave VIm
- Bash knowledge can convert complicated tasks to one liners
- DRY principles are important to you
- Enjoy explaining our back-end to your grandparents
- Starting a debugger is the first thing that comes to mind when tackling a bug
- Passion for listening, asking, understanding and communicating
- Think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress
- Get the most out of your time when working in a team
What we offer:
- Full-time job
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Free coffee, fruits and language and computer classes
- Becoming part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry