OCS is seeking to hire a NodeJs developer to join our API team.
As part of the API team, you will be responsible for the developing, evolving and maintaining the Olympics API and its associated services.
You will be responsible for communicating with stakeholders to understand and refine user requirements, propose, accept, and seek approval for improvements and for delivering high quality software. As part of your role you, together with your team, will suggest and implement improvements to the software and the software process as well as helping to provide the necessary tools to operate, monitor and diagnose the applications.
- At least 5 years of hands-on backend development experience.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience with Nodejs, Express, Fastify or any other Nodejs framework.
- GraphQL, including best practices and an understanding of the differences with traditional REST APIs.
- Working with source control systems (Git, TFS, Bitbucket, etc).
- TDD and continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- Pragmatism in testing and test-driven development.
- Agile Practices and the tools involved in them.
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of REST APIs and best design patterns.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML5 or CSS3.
- Ability to efficiently learn new tools and languages.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team that is geographically dispersed.
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of REST / GraphQL APIs and best design patterns.
- Desirable experience working with Apollo GraphQL Server.
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral) especially in understanding requirements and explaining technical or complex concepts.
Workplace & Environment
About Olympic Channel Services