If you like challenges and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with great talented people this is your opportunity. At Smadex we are looking for a bright NodeJS Engineer with experience developing RESTful APIs that are used/consumed by thousands of users around the globe.
Smadex is one of the biggest Ad Tech companies in Europe and one of the fastest growing in the world. The Ad Tech industry handles more than 500k requests per second and storing TBs of data on a daily basis. To keep up with such challenge, we require the most talented people to work together and build a robust platform based on cutting edge technologies. Smadex was recently acquired by Headway, a global and data-driven media buying company with offices in America, Europe and Southeast Asia. Their integrated product combines industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the top performing marketing and advertising solutions in the industry. Headway is part of Entravision, a public media company based in the US.
We are in the middle of a re-engineering process of our API, so it’s a great opportunity for our new team member to engage with a project from the very beginning, participating not only in the development process but also in the architectural design and definition.
Minimum technical skills:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Node.js
- Experience designing services and REST APIs
- Knowledgeable about web protocol, application servers and web servers
- Experience with relational databases ( MySQL or PostgreSQL ), defining and creating relational schemas and changes
- Used to cache services like Memcached and Redis
- Experience with automated tests
- Used to Linux environments
- Proficiency in Github
- Able to write clear high-quality, standardised and usable code
- Capacity to recognize optimizable code
Desirable technical skills:
- Experience managing web architectures within AWS ( EC2, Load Balancers, RDS, Elasticache, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudSearch, S3, CodeDeploy, etc. )
- Used to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Codeship, etc.
- Experience with performance and benchmark tests of APIs
- Experience of microservice based architectures
- Experience working with modern NodeJS frameworks like AdonisJS, Loopback, Koa, etc
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and sense of accountability
- Adding proactive and positive energy to our rapidly growing company
- Structured and analytical
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Able to mentor less experienced team members
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment
- Comfortable balancing trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs
What's in it for you:
Competitive salary, opportunity to have a real impact in one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe, flexible working hours, exceptional work environment with friendly peeps, opportunity to be part of an agile team with a strong focus on innovation and technology, team building events, continuous development of your knowledge about the industry, the kind of knowledge that Google and Facebook are constantly looking for!