More than 20 years ago, zooplus was one of the first to bring the pet category into the world of eCommerce. Today, we stand strong as Europe’s leading online pet platform, delivering moments of happiness to more than 9 million pet parents each year.
In the Content team, we are currently looking for a Node Backend Engineer to join our amazing team. You will responsible for:
· Development of the API that delivers static contents and pages for the e-commerce.
· Provide a content management system for the rest of the teams in the company.
· Design new reusable and customizable components to allow managers to personalize the content.
· We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that, we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it
is the best way to do it.
· Kanban is our way of work, and we feel like an agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers and the organization also believe in it.
· The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and also of course with other teams. Moreover, there is no dress code here so you can come in a simple T-shirt.
· We are used to doing pair programming and learning from each other. This way we can share knowledge between us.
· The daily tasks are related to developing new features, maintaining team products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
· English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Munich or Krakow. Being able to communicate in English is a must.
Our current stack:
· Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Cloudfront, etc)
· Cloud infrastructure (terraform, cli, serverless...)
· CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
· Contentful CMS
· Kibana, Grafana
· 5+ years with Solid experience in software development
· Strong knowledge of Node.js
· Experience with cloud services (AWS)
· API design experience
· Microservices architecture and best practices
· Strong concepts of clean code principles
· Agile and DevOps mindset willing to learn all the team duties
· Team player
· Able to understand and apply design patterns
· Experience with React, Express, Next.js is a bonus
· English at working language level
With more than 1,000 passionate professionals located across 10 European offices, we believe our success comes from working together and leveraging our international strengths. Expect to work in a hybrid environment, collaborating with colleagues in different locations remotely or face-to-face at the office.
🐾 20% discount in our zooplus shop
📖 Internal and external training
🎈 Team events
✈️ 28 Annual Vacation Days
🩺 Private Medical Health Insurance
⏰ Hybrid working model (up to 60% remote)
Want to know more? Learn more about who we are and what we do and visit our LinkedIn company profile.
zooplus is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.