We are looking for an enthusiastic .Net full stack developer that helps us to design and build a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing (see a video from our CEO about Open Science). You will be working in a Cloud environment with Microsoft Azure and developing .Net applications and APIs.
Our technology stack includes technologies like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, .Net Core, Vue.js among others. If you have worked before with these technologies, that would be a plus. Otherwise, this can be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with them.
You will work in a Scrum team along with other talented developers. Supported by a Scrum Master, QA and Product Owner, the team usually works in 2 week sprints.
What you will do
- Develop full stack .Net applications
- Write scalable SQL and Elasticsearch queries that impact millions of rows while keeping execution time low
- Develop APIs that expose data and services to the rest of the company
- Collaborate with designers and UX experts to create applications that allow to visualize and interpret information in a few clicks
- Participate in your team's Scrum process
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions where many tools, architectures and processes are on the table
- Submit pull requests and discuss solutions with the team in order to share knowledge
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing SOLID and testable code
- Be willing to take ownership of the quality of the software from beginning to end
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- Proficiency with C#, T-SQL and Frontend development
- Knowledge with Elasticsearch, MongoDB & JS Frameworks is a plus
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud and Docker is a plus
- Individuals with a curious mindset and willingness to learn new things
- Knowledge in development methods, best practices, conventions, algorithms and design patterns
- Courageous individuals who are not afraid to fail and learn from mistakes
- Good English skills
- Willingness to travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally
What we’re offering
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across Spain
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don't hesitate to send us your CV, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.