With a constantly growing player base and platform, our MySQL databases are at the very core of our product, and need continuous monitoring, tuning, updating, and performance enhancements to keep our platform snappy and our response times low. We are currently looking for a driven, team-focused database ninja with experience managing and administrating MySQL clusters to join our DevOps team.
Who are you
- You have experience in designing and managing highly available database architectures at large scale with high (and constantly growing) transaction rates.
- You’re an expert in MySQL Database Administration, including InnoDB, MyIsam, Percona Toolkit, XtraBackup and supporting tooling
- You speak SQL as well as English and are capable of optimising (or help optimising) clients to perform better
- You possess deep knowledge of database principles, best practices, and endorse a proactive mindset to constantly improve
- You’re a person who can design and operate of highly available and highly performing data layers
- You’re proficient in bash, python, erl or other scripting language. You are familiar with automation, orchestration and configuration management tooling such as Saltstack and Ansible.
As a DBA at Casumo you will
- Focus on continuous monitoring, proactive management and design of database architecture to deliver efficient, reliable, high availability services across a variety of providers, on-premise, virtualized, bare metal and AWS.
- Maintain, and write automation and tooling to support the large system infrastructures, using data to drive decisions.
- Lead, as well as assist in the design, implementation, commissioning, tuning, maintenance, and enhancement of our systems in a fast paced customer facing production environment.
- Work in the DevOps team providing support for all the systems in our development, test, staging and production environments.
- Constantly monitor performance and trends, both server side and client side, to understand performance baselines, establish performance benchmarks, and assist in tuning the server, as well as optimise the requests from the microservices.
Malta & Barcelona
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers