The Eurovision Services Technology Hub is looking for a Monitoring & DevOps Engineer to join the international software engineering team in Madrid, Spain.
ABOUT THE EUROVISION SERVICES TECHNOLOGY HUB
The Eurovision Services Technology Hub in Madrid is responsible for delivering media and broadcast solutions using the most advanced software engineering techniques. As part of the software engineering team, you will be working with top international engineers specialised in media and will see your developments implemented in broadcast solutions for Tier 1 global sports and news content.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
In this role as Monitoring & DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with software architects, infrastructure architects, developers and operations teams to design and implement solutions for their monitoring needs
- Improve, upgrade and support Eurovision Services monitoring stack
- Build and deploy monitoring solutions
- Train the development team to configure monitoring tools for their applications
- Be involved in the delivery of services to our customers
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Some experience in Elastic Stack (ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash) and Grafana
- Experience with Centreon
- Experience in deployment on EKS/Kubernetes and HELM
- Knowledge of Filebeat
- Capacity to analyse and estimate workloads
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Strong problem solving, ability to work under pressure
- Self-management and capacity to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong ability to work effectively with remote teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Additional experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- AWS certification or experience with AWS
- Video over IP and/or broadcast protocols
- Working collaboratively with geographically distributed and international teams (our headquarters are located in Switzerland)
Perhaps you are missing some of the listed skills and required experience, but you are motivated and eager to learn? Then we still want to meet you!
ONCE ON BOARD YOU WILL
- Be part of an outstanding team of software engineers
- Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility
- Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training
- Enjoy our technology hub, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar (Master or Bachelor).
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 28 working days of vacation for all employees
- A flexible 40-hour working week for work-life balance
- Recognition bonus system
- Personal incentive plan
- Private health insurance
- Company pension fund
- Ticket restaurant card
- Public transport card
- Sponsored gym membership
- Choose your own laptop backpack
- Start-up culture but with a consolidated business behind it
- A multi-cultural environment, made up of a dynamic and international team
- Enjoy long-term stable employment
ABOUT EUROVISION SERVICES
With over 60 years of experience in broadcast production and distribution for major sports events, we know that great events don’t happen by accident. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), representing public service broadcasters across Europe, we are in a unique position to understand the needs of our customers.
We have one of the largest hybrid satellite and fibre transmission networks of its kind in the world. In addition to our core broadcast services, we are constantly innovating to provide services that allow our customers to enhance their content and adapt it for use on all digital platforms.
This is why we are the first-choice media services provider for event organisers, media organisations and sports federations when they are looking for adaptable, end-to-end solutions to produce, distribute and personalise content for their audiences.
We are Eurovision Services. We deliver excellence in everything we do, to leave our customers free to focus on what matters most to them – creating truly amazing experiences.
About Eurovision Labs
The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) is the world’s foremost alliance of public service media (PSM). Our mission is to make PSM indispensable. We have 73 Members in 56 countries in Europe, and an additional 33 Associates in Asia, Africa, Australasia and the Americas
We are one EBU with two distinct fields of activity: member services and business services.
Our member services strive to secure a sustainable future for public service media, provide our Members with a centre for learning and sharing and build on our founding ethos of solidarity and co-operation to provide an exchange of world-class news, sports news and music.
Eurovision Media Services, our business arm, has an outstanding global reputation and is the first choice media services provider for many media organizations and sports federations around the world.
We have offices in Brussels, Rome, Dubai, Moscow, New York, Washington DC, Singapore and Beijing. Our headquarters are in Geneva.
Discover more about the EBU on www.ebu.ch and EMS on http://www.eurovision.net.
About Eurovision Labs:
Eurovision Labs in Madrid is the new technology hub for the EBU's new subsidiary, Eurovision Services. The Labs will be responsible for delivering media & broadcast core solutions applying the most advanced software engineering techniques. The new offices in Madrid are specifically designed to boost creativity and facilitate innovation and learning in an amicable work environment. As part of the technology team, you will be working with top international engineers specialized in media while seeing your developments applied in Tier-1 worldwide sports and news content. The applicants will be part of a small, talented and motivated core team that will support Eurovision Services in delivering the most innovative and reliable solutions for our customers around the world.
Join our new technology hub in Madrid:
No vacancy, but you think your profile could be of interest to us? Are you self-motivated and eager to learn? Then we want to meet you!
We are seeking profiles from the software and telecom industry which are passionate about software, internet and telecommunications. If you are hands-on, have some knowledge of programming, scripting, Linux OS, IP stack, networks, devOps, integration, QA or project management then let’s have a chat to see how you can fit the team.
Once on board you will:
• Be part of an outstanding multi-cultural and international team of engineers,
• Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility
• Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training,
• Enjoy our labs, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity,
• Choose your working environment: Apple MacOS or Microsoft Windows.
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar degree (Master or Bachelor).
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary and benefits.