Zinio is looking for a Mobile QA Automation Engineer in their Barcelona office.
“Delivering innovative digital magazines on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub, or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News, or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in QA. Become part of an agile team of highly skilled and motivated individuals in our Barcelona office
What you will be doing:
- Defining appropriate measures to ensure product quality.
- Performing manual and automated System tests (functional/non-functional & regression), acceptance, and integration testing.
- Developing the architecture of the testing frameworks.
- Working closely with Product Owners and Developers to understand product specifics and create corresponding test plans, test cases, and test strategies.
- Testing REST APIs, web, desktop, and especially mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Providing technical vision choosing the technology stack that better fits the business.
- Ensuring the documentation is self-explanatory, reliable, and up to date.
What we expect from you:
- +2 years hands-on experience in automation
- Java or any other Object-Oriented Programming Language for writing automated tests.
- Domain of Appium or similar software to test mobile devices
- Strong development and testing knowledge in automated solutions for iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Jenkins, Gherkin/Cucumber, CI, and Maven/Gradle
- Automation of UI (e.g: Selenium, Appium)
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and micro-services
- English: conversational level
It will also be highly valued if you:
- ISTQB certifications.
- Have knowledge of Device farm tools.
- Are already familiar with Docker.
- Have knowledge of load and stress testing.
- Have previously worked in the cloud (AWS, GCE).
- Self-taught and highly perfectionist, code as a craft spirit.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, pro-active, and creative team player.
- Honest, direct, responsible, and transparent.
- Communication abilities to work with co-workers located around the world.
Why You’ll Love Working with us:
- We are a technology company and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and we are launching a new platform “from scratch”. We are facing very challenging new projects!
- Highly skilled Engineering team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.