As a Plug-in Architect and Developer, you will develop Mobile (iOS, tvOS, Android)-based video player plugin integrations to assist New Relic customers to measure video quality of service and customer engagement. This will be accomplished by working with customers, New Relic sales, engineering and product teams, and video player/platform providers. This will include both pre-sales and post-sales projects.
You will evangelize the use of New Relic for video monitoring. You will be a trusted advisor to customers regarding video event capture and analytics. You will train and mentor New Relic engineering, pre-sales, and expert services personnel to augment and extend player support. You will have the opportunity to apply your plug-in creation expertise to use cases beyond video as needed.
- Create/refine iOS and Android (AVPlayer and ExoPlayer) plug-ins and vendor-specific player plug-ins
- Port/create plug-ins for OTT devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku
- Interface with customers to design, implement, and tailor data capture and analytics
- Collaborate with and advise field solutions and product teams to define solution strategy, video monitoring data dictionary, and customer-specific implementation plans
- Architect video plug-in mobile libraries to scale up integrations or help customers integrate their own plugins
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of IT industry related experience, preferably with a professional IT services company or software provider
- Extensive experience creating mobile video player plug-ins
- Expertise in video QoS monitoring including data to capture, metric/event calculation, storage, and analytics.
- Strong understand of end-to-end media workflows
- Expertise in iOS and Android programming
- Brightscript basic understanding for integrations with Roku is a plus
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, analytical, and presentation skills
- Strong Project Management and Risk Assessment skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology-related field. MBA a plus.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks…) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic