There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Are you a goal-driven team player? Do you like tackling new challenges using leading-edge industry tools? Can you adapt to rapidly changing conditions while learning and bettering yourself? Are you a detail-oriented expert who loves focusing on quality? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
The AI Services department represents a major investment toward the vision of implementing an AI-powered Predictive Intervention platform. The platform will enable every student to receive tailored recommendations satisfying their current and future educational needs, and provide successful and specific learning paths.
You will play a key role in developing an iOS/Android app capable of running ML models at the edge. You will be part of world-class engineers and data scientists driving the machine learning capabilities tailored to serve users instantly on their mobile devices.
WHY MOBILE ENGINEERING AT BRAINLY?
- Enjoy a great engineering culture — we regularly conduct code reviews and schedule time for writing tests.
- Have an impact on every stage of the project, including requirement discussions, design, implementation, and delivery.
- Always go beyond! Our collaborative environment creates room for everyone to learn, improve, and take our engineering to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serving as an expert in a subject of mobile app development
- Integrating and deploying ML algorithms in resource-constrained edge devices
- Designing and developing code for mobile app to enable live inference on the mobile devices
- Implementing the mobile app for collecting data and signals related to A/B tests, users behavior and satisfaction
- Working close with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to ensure low latency and high reliability of developed solutions
- Solving complex challenges such as performance and scalability
- Ensuring high reliability and performance of deliverables, contribute high-quality documentation and prepare SDK required for smooth transition of deliverables to the Brainly app
- Ensuring engineering and programming practices in the whole team
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of professional enterprise experience in iOS and Android apps development
- Experience with real-time object detection or other Machine Learning at the Edge (TinyML) integrations
- Experience with real-time object detection or displaying “2D augmented reality style” UI elements on the camera stream
- Experience in Unit/UI testing
- Knowledge of iOS and Android Framework (lifecycle, good practices, tools)
- Fluency in Swift and knowledge of Kotlin
- Strong understanding of the iOS and Android SDK
- Good understanding of common back-end system integration/web services/APIs
- Computer science fundamentals – data structures and design patterns
- Familiarity with agile development and lean principles
- Fluency in English
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience in running TinyML technologies such as TensorflowLite, Android NNAPI and NDK, Apple CoreML, TensorRT, DeepStream, Google ML Kit
- Experience in building and maintaining a framework
- Knowledge of Python
- Ability to prototype and test suboptimal solutions quickly and iterate up to a final product that can be deployed in production
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO.