ZINIO is looking for an ML Engineer in their Barcelona office.
“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
We are looking for a data enthusiast with some experience delivering analytics solutions, data science products and/or ML models. You will work with our new data platform (AWS, Spark / Databricks, Looker) to create advanced data products to be used by our internal and external customers.
What will you do:
- Analyze data sets to derive valuable insights
- Implement models that statistically describe our user's behavior effectively
- Develop machine learning models and solutions
- Collaborate with product and marketing to improve our products and services by using data effectively
- Use predictive modeling to improve customer experience and targeting
- Develop A/B testing strategies.
You’re our perfect candidate if you have:
- Good level of python.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience building data deliverables (reports, dashboards) from business requirements.
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts used in data science.
- Some experience building and training ML/AI models.
- 1-3 years of experience in this area.
Nice to have:
- Experience using Looker.
- Experience using Spark.
- Experience using Databricks.
- Experience using AWS data and ML solutions.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We are a technology company, and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects.
- Highly skilled team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.