Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with 80,000 montly learners from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 200+ employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
As a Marketing Copywriter, you will:
- Shape Preply’s marketing and advertising across multiple marketing channels.
- Draft concise copy with well articulated benefits and other key messages for paid search and paid social ads, videos ads or landing pages based on a deep understanding of Preply’s customers, competitors and advertising copywriting best practices
- Drive increased clicks on ads and conversions through compelling ad copy, video scripts and landing page copy Write copy that aligns with Preply’s brand identity and TOV, and collaborate with the team in further developing the brand identity for new channels
- Collaborate with performance marketing team to develop hypotheses for advertising A/B channel tests
- Research competitors’ advertising and develop a deep understanding of competitor key benefits as reflected in their advertising. Use this knowledge to develop and differentiate Preply’s advertising
- Continually develop and improve our ‘always-on’ channel advertising copy, through relentless A/B testing
- Develop a deep understanding of digital marketing, and have your finger on the pulse of the latest emerging trends in advertising and how advertisers are using copywriting on those channels
What we're after:
- Native English speaker with excellent writing skills
- Bachelor's degree (marketing, journalism, education, foreign languages) or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience writing or editing advertising copy, content for web or digital products
- Keen user of social media, video and other currently popular social networking appsExposure to digital advertising on different channels (paid search, social advertising)
- Creative flair and ability to consider customer data as a creative constraint
- Ability to balance autonomy and collaboration
- Familiarity with best practices of UX writing and information architecture
- Experience writing for diverse audiences of non-native English speakers
- Growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to continuously learn
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory;
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com;
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance
Diversity is important for us
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.