Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a hardworking, passionate and curious Engineering Manager to be a key leader in extending Twilio’s platform to International customers! This person will be a player-coach, working to establish a new engineering team that will work on a wide array of projects across Twilio’s product suite to improve Twilio’s offering for International customers. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s International expansion and will have a wide impact across Twilio’s tech stack!
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working on a wide portfolio of projects.
- You have demonstrated experience leading teams, mentoring engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow
- You have strong experience leading and managing distributed teams.
- You are motivated by “guest engineering” work -- digging into code of other product teams to control your destiny in order to ensure your roadmap is implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Experience managing SCRUM teams with agile principles, embracing uncertainty, continuous improvement, and predictable delivery
- You are a strategic problem solver and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams.
- You can own multiple disparate sets of areas and you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team.
- You understand how to build platforms that serve internal engineering teams
- You are comfortable changing course and wrangling uncertainty in order to tackle the most high priority and impactful projects for the company.
- Plus: Experience developing products on AWS
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be Inclusive & Empower Others: You will foster the growth of an inclusive, high-performing team. How will you grow your team through teaching and nurturing welcoming, safe spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves?
- No Shenanigans: Great technical leaders use good judgment. They are intellectually honest, transparent, and work together with others.. How will you serve as a model for fair decision-making within and beyond your team?
- Wear The Customer’s Shoes: Your team will ship great platform features that delight your customers and partners. You will get to know your partners and walk in their shoes. How will you listen to your challenges, find opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time?
- Write It Down: You will communicate effectively to executives, to your peers, and internally among your team. Are you able to distill complex thoughts and concepts simply? Are you articulate and concise in written and verbal communication? Will you communicate with empathy and understanding even in stressful situations?
- Draw The Owl: You’ll forge the vision for how Twilio’s platforms need to be enhanced and extended to support a global customer base. There’s no instruction book, it’s yours to write. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate. You’ll invent the future, but you won’t wing it.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Global Twilio team is responsible for one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. We work closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and international customers to bring the Twilio product portfolio into new markets. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance